Tuesday 28 August 2012

Carrot Cake

Yummm, I love carrot cake. Especially with cream cheese icing, while making this I helped myself to too much of the icing prior to finishing the cake and couldn't eat a piece until a day later, it just tastes so good. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!



Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup sunflower oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup crushed pineapple 
  • 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
  • 80g chopped walnuts and some extra for decoration
  • 1 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup plain flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1 1/4 tsp. bicarb soda


Pre-heat oven to 160'. Line and grease a 20cm baking tin.
In a bowl add oil, eggs, pineapple, carrot, walnuts, sugar, and combine.  Sift in the flour, cinnamon, ginger and bicarb. Mix ingredients until they are all combined. Pour into baking tin and cook for around 55-65 minutes.

Once the cake has cooled you can ice it.

Icing:
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
  • 1 something cup icing sugar
  • 3 tbsp. lemon juice
Make sure the cream cheese and butter is at room temperature, then beat for a minute or two. Add sifted icing sugar and lemon juice and beat for a further minute.
Spread over cake and decorate with your extra walnuts.
It took my husband and I no time at all to eat this entire cake, it's delicious and moist, you should definitely give this one a go.

2 comments:

ladyladybaby said...

Okay you win. I'm totally making this on the weekend. YUM!

candinkle said...

Yeesssssss

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting