Tuesday 31 December 2013

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I last wrote in this blog and honestly I pretty much thought this blog had come to an end. But with a little encouragement from a friend I have decided to start it up again.  I think this year will just be a documentation of my family, but who knows?
I really can't believe 2013 is over and a new year has begun ...I'm feeling a bit funny about it. I'm really not very excited by the thought of 2014 and would like time to slow the fuck down! I go back to work in a month and the thought of not spending my days looking after Violet makes me feel queasy. I know she will be in the best hands (my husband, he will be quiting his day job) but still, that comes with an array of worries- will the floors get cleaned? will her shirts match her shorts? will dinner be on time? Hmmmmm....I'm kind of kidding there, but kind of not too.  I'm sure all that stuff will all work out and perhaps being around other adults and using my brain again will be good for me? I am sceptical though.
So anyway, I have a few goals for this year - the first is a "photo a week of my child", which I will post on the blog. I have seen this on other blogs and I think it's a great idea.
Draw more- I used to draw compulsively and I don't draw too much at all these days. I picked up a visual diary yesterday and have done a few doodles, boy I am way out of practise.
Run - I would love to go back to the gym, but it is just too expensive. Running is free, I just have to stay motivated...we'll see.
Cut down on alcohol (says she with a bottle of cider in her hand) - the main reason for this is I would like to loose a bit of weight and I think most of my calories are from the few glasses I have at the end of the night.  I just wish wine didn't taste so good!
And that's it!

Come on 2014 prove me wrong and be a bloody fantastic year!



2 comments:

candinkle said...

Yew! Welcome back Suzie ^_^ Happy New Year xo

ladyladybaby said...

Hallelujah!! You're back. Looking forward to reading you're posts again woman. I feel exactly opposite about 2014... I think it's going to be an amazing year :-D

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting