Wednesday 24 July 2013

Sweet Potato & Quinoa Burgers

I made these a few weeks ago and they are now a weekly staple. They are quick, easy and healthy to make plus Violet absolutely loves them. The recipe I was originally working from didn't have the quinoa, but I found them a bit sloppy; so it firms them up a bit.


I used 2 sweet potatoes, 1 small broccoli diced, 1/4 cup of quinoa and a handful of mozzarella. Cook sweet potato and mash, cook quinoa according to instructions and broccoli until soft. Mix it altogether and form into patties.
Coat in wholemeal flour. Refrigerate them for at least half an hour so they firm up a bit. Cook on a medium heat and serve with your favourite burger toppings. I like hummus, sweet chili, cheese, tomato, avocado and lettuce.
I got 6 patties from this recipe. They freeze well too.
Enjoy.



1 comments:

Pink Parri said...

Oh awesome!! I will try these! :)Thanks for putting the recipe up! xoxo

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting