Friday 6 April 2012

27 weeks



About 37cm long and weighing 900g she is now the size of  a cauliflower.  This week sees activity in our baby's brain as more of her brain tissue develops.  At the same time, the characteristic grooves start to appear on the brain's surface.  Her eyes open and close and she sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. Some experts believe that babies begin to dream about now

I wonder what a foetus could possibly dream about???
I've noticed she now wakes up about 5:30 in the morning and does a little aerobic work out for about 45 minutes and then goes back to sleep. Kind of annoying, especially when I find the last hour of sleep before I have to get up for work so precious.
And......Hello third trimester!  I can't believe I'm in my last trimester already, it's going by so fast.  Before I know it our baby will be here.  It's kind of scary to think that we will have a real living human baby in about 12 weeks, but on the other hand it's also really exciting as I will be meeting this little person that I already love so much.
This week I've had a strong urge to get the house organised and clean,  I think they call it nesting.  So we have made a start at cleaning out the study and craft room, in order to prepare for the baby's room.  It's a really big job, and is taking longer then I'd hoped, both Mikey and I have a lot of stuff we really just need to get rid of.  I can't wait until all the crap is gone and we can start decorating the babies room.


1 comments:

ladyladybaby said...

Wow you look so much smaller than Cassie in this photo. Hopefully that means you'll have a little baby :-)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting