Tuesday 20 March 2012

Banana and Raspberry Loaf Cake



Ingredients:

2 cups of plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup raspberries

Pre-heat your oven to 180'c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.  Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil, milk, and eggs.  Add to dry ingredients. Gently stir until combined.  Add raspberries and mix gently.
Pour mixture into the loaf tin. Bake for one hour, checking occasionally.  The loaf is cooked when a knife inserted comes out clean.

I don't really like bananas, I don't like them in smoothies or even the smell of them.  But I can eat them in cakes.  I really wish I did like them more as they are so good for you.
This cake was pretty tasty and healthy (as far as cakes go) , I served it with natural yogurt.  I actually made two cakes with this,  my loaf tin is on the smaller side and I only cooked it for about 45mins.  Next time I make this I'll halve the ingredients, but still add the cup of raspberries.  I think blueberries would also go nicely with the recipe.

I got this recipe from the Australian Healthy Food Guide.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting