Thursday 1 March 2012

22 Weeks

Our little darling is about the size of a paw paw (28cm).  She is now looking recognisably like a baby.  Her lips are becoming more distinct and her eyes have developed; though the irises haven't got their colour yet,  her eyebrows and eyelids are in place.  Her pancreas, which is essential for hormone production, is developing steadily and the first signs of teeth are there now, showing beneath her gum line.  If you could see inside my womb you would be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) now covering her body.  At this point I should gain about 225 grams each week.

I spent the week-end in Sydney for my friends wedding.  It was such a beautiful day, she looked so beautiful, I almost cried when she came in.  I also got a great surprise when a dear friend who lives in Darwin, and was not expected, turned up.  I had a lot of very early mornings, late nights and lots and lots of walking, which I am now still recovering from!
We got a 3D ultrasound this week;  it was so incredible.  We could see the features of her face and when we had a look at her little legs I could see her kicking and feel it.  I believe she even flipped us off at one point.  I totally recommend getting it, it was worth the extra cash.
Also her kicks are getting so strong I can now see my belly moving, I love it!

Look she's smiling at us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting