Thursday 3 May 2012

31 Weeks


So now she is the size of a pineapple (doesn't that conjure up horrifying imagery?).  She's running out of space!  Her arms, legs and body are still filling out - and at last they're proportional in size to her head.  In fact, she's looking more like a newborn.  She's now weighing in at about 1.5kg and measures about 41cm from crown to toe. It's no wonder she's running out of space.

Had a midwife appointment today and everything is coming along well, I love hearing that little "chuga chuga" sound when they use the doppler to hear her heart beat.  I really hope I have the midwife we saw today when I go into labour; she was really lovely.  She went over alot of labour options and it occurred to me that it's quite possiable this baby could be born really soon. A friends sister has just had her baby 5 weeks early, I have always thought I would go fairly close or even over my due date, as from most of the stories I have read many first mothers go over their due date.  If I go early I could quite possibly have this baby at the end of this month or early June!!!  Argh...I'm so not ready for that!  So I have to start writing up a birth plan,  organising a playlist and finalise the nursery and probably plenty of other things I need to prepare.
My ribs are starting to take a beating from little legs kick me there; aside from being uncomfortable it makes me really breathless.  I only really notice that at the end of day when I'm relaxing on the couch or when I sit.   Oh yeah and I have started to notice her hiccupping, it's so cute, Mikey can feel it too.


1 comments:

ladyladybaby said...

Whoa! Your belly is so big, you look like you really could have her any day now. Exciting!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting