Thursday 19 April 2012

29 Weeks


She is now the size of a butternut squash.  Her hone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before , tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells).  This is an important step for her because it means she is better able to thrive on her own once born.  Much of the lanugo - the soft, downy hair covering her body - is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating her body temperature.

I have had a really great week, busy, but still really good.  I am feeling pretty exhausted though, hopefully I'll get some rest on the week-end.  Baby's kicks have gone from a jabbing feelings to a really squirmy feeling, things must be getting pretty tight in there.  My belly is getting pretty itchy too, from all the stretching I guess, so I have been applying lots and lots of bio oil (hopefully this will also prevent stretchies, fingers crossed).   Mikey and I went to baby education class this week, and it has giving me confidence we are probably going to do ok looking after our little bundle of joy....well compared to some other people in our class.  Now I'm no expert on babies, but some things are just common logic ( nurse: always supervise your baby around dogs.  expecting mother: how about poodles are they ok....*face palm*) The class went from 6pm to 8:30pm, which is a really long time, there are 3 more classes and I don't know if I can take 3 more, I don't want to miss out of any invaluable information, but so far it's just common sense.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant I have been constantly reading baby books, magazines and stuff on the net, so maybe that's why I found the class so basic.

This arrived in the mail this week, I was going to make my own, but I decided on this one as I like that this is musical and it's still really cute.  Now I just need to figure out how to put it together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting