Thursday 16 February 2012

20 weeks


Our baby is about the size of a rockmelon.  This week the baby will be swallowing more of the amniotic fluid.  Any excess water will move into her large bowel.  A whitish coat of a slick, fatty substance called vernix caseosa is beginning to cover her.  This helps to protect her skin during her long immersion in the amniotic fluid.  

I've made it to the half way point; 20 more weeks to go!  I can now feel her kicking on a daily basis, which is the best feeling.  Her kicks are getting stronger day by day and Mikey got to feel a couple the other night.
I'm suffering from baby brain in an almost embarrassing fashion. I'm forgetting words, making really stupid mistakes and being generally absent minded, which I am going to blame on pregnancy, cause I can.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting